Holidays and Families can create a great deal of stress during the Holidays. So I wanted to pass on some Tips for the Holidays…
- Set realistic Goals – Not everything is going to be perfect.
- Know your limits – there are only 24 hours per day – Plan appropriately
- Take time for yourself – Rest – relax – “Chillax”
- Learn to say “no”
- Acknowledge your feelings
- Reach out for help if needed
- Do not isolate
- Make a Plan – If you are going to a place that you feel uncomfortable – Have a Code word or a preplanned reason for leaving.
- Remember that you are only responsible for YOUR – Thoughts, Actions & Reactions.
- Do not Overeat – Eat until you are full – not stuffed.
- Do not Overspend
- The Holidays are not the time to settle difference – Pick a more appropriate time talk.
- Make a Gratitude List – Start with A and go to Z.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving – I encourage each of you to “pay it forward”. Gratitude is a key ingredient to living a peaceful life.